Monday, April 6, 2009

Three Poems

Teddy Bear - Leanna, age 6, USA

My Teddy Bear is nice and soft
It comes in handy when I'm scared
He follows me wherever I go
That is something that I know.

--------------------------

Chocolate Spread - Joshua B, age 6, England

Chocolate Spread is my favourite,
I like it on my toast,
And if I look quite carefully,
I get it through the post!
My little sister Sophie
Steals it from my plate.
I know what she thinks of it,
She thinks it is really great!
P.S. I get angry most
When Sophie steals my toast!

-----------------------

Sorrow - Udeshi B., age 10, India

Sorrow is like a tsunami,
That wipes away happiness,
A shock to make you sadder
than you already are,
Joys being swept away
like the sweeping away of leaves,
Friendships being broken,
fights being made,
Losing something
you love.
--------------------------------------
These poems and more can be found at -
http://www.loriswebs.com/youngpoets/

No comments:

Post a Comment